What is Buffalo Beer Week?
Buffalo Beer Week (BBW) promotes Buffalo’s growing craft beer culture by coordinating a ten-day festival in Erie and Niagara counties that attracts beer tourism, fosters knowledge of our regional brewing heritage and serves as a showcase for Buffalo’s breweries, restaurants, pubs and other businesses with ties to the craft beer community. Established in 2009, BBW is a growing annual celebration, featuring multitudes of festivals, dinners, tours, pub crawls, tastings and meet-the-brewer nights at area bars, restaurants and other locations throughout the Buffalo Niagara region — as a growing organization, BBW promises to become one of Buffalo’s mostly highly anticipated annual tourism events.
That sounds amazing, how do I get involved?
It’s easy; there will multiple locations running multiple events throughout the week, from special beer dinners, to unique beer tastings, to something as easy as special beer pricing. You, as a licensed retail establishment, can craft your offering to that which best suits you! The Buffalo Beer Week crew will be working to promote the week via our website, a program book, posters and social media. If you wish to be included in the hullaballoo, check out the advertising opportunities listed here.
Buffalo Beer Week, an official program owned by the Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association, has teamed with Download Design and PR firm E3 Communications to advertise and publicize your business and events. Download Design’s staff and BBW volunteers will explain your advertising options and help you create the ideal ad. Our PR firm will spread the word about your events to TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, web publications, social media, and more. Whether you’re looking to attract a crowd of knowledgeable and hip beer-lovers to your event or secure press coverage, we’re here to help.
- The Official Buffalo Beer Week Guide The centerpiece of our advertising and PR effort is a one-of-a-kind, 50-page keepsake guide to all of the venues, distributors, festivals and breweries who participate each year. It also contains compelling content about our scene and it’s makers. In 2013, we’ll publish 30,000 copies to be distributed throughout Buffalo Niagara. 20,000 of these will be distributed as an insert to The Public the week before BBW. Another 10,000 will be shared out across every participating venue the week before Buffalo Beer Week. Every participating venue and their events are listed by date. With increased levels of support, your venue will receive enhanced attention from our marketing and PR team. See ad sheet for rates.
- Posters – Every participating venue will receive two copies of our official Buffalo Beer Week poster. These will be distributed out to all venues participating in beer week beginning in mid-September. Each participating venue will receive our official BEER STOP window poster.
- Account Managers: It used to be said that Buffalo was a city with a tavern on every corner. While that may no longer be the case per se, people do have their favorite watering holes & retail shops in and around the neighborhoods where they live, whether it be Downtown BFLO, Southtowns, Northtowns, Williamsville, Amherst, South BFLO, Hertel, Lewiston, Lockport, Wilson, East Aurora, etc. Account Managers are beer week volunteers who live in and around these areas and will help connect the dots. They can give advice on tasting event ideas. They can help link bars to breweries. They can help organize pub crawls and other events within neighborhoods & districts that bring locals to local pubs. They can listen to your concerns. Account Managers are here to bridge the distance between East Aurora and Wilson (47 miles), BFLO and East Aurora (20 miles), BFLO and Williamsville (10 miles), as well as between bars & retailers within districts who want to organize community events as partners.
Shameless, self promotion piece.
Buffalo Beer Week is going into its sixth year. Last year it was larger than ever and there was a growing sense that Buffalo Beer Week will play a key role in the continued expansion of the craft beer scene in the Buffalo Niagara region. Buffalo Beer Week 2014 spotlighted more than 80 events spread throughout the city. Participating bars, restaurants, retail establishments, and advertisers all benefited from Buffalo Beer Week with a reported growth in sales and an increased demand for craft beer. Buffalo Beer Week 2015 promises more events, more festivals, more publicity, and more participants. This year, our banner events are the Kick Off Night at Big Ditch (Sept 24), and the Brewbash at the Ballpark on September 26th, Pub Crawl Saturday on Oct 4th and a Farm to Pint passport program all week long. Keep checking the website for more events as they are scheduled.
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Support of BBW Account Managers to assist with event creation and connecting brands with venues
- 2 BBW posters, and 1 Beer Stop Poster
- Access to buffalobeerweek.com and our mobile app to post official events
- Inclusion in local & regional public-relations campaign, including social media
- Daily emails and press releases about events during the 10 days of BBW
- Inclusion in Buffalo Beer Week Program
- Breweries will be listed in the BBW featured beer section as well as on our website. Venues or events will be listed by date and time.
Buffalo Beer Week Advertising Rates & Specifications
Buffalo Beer Week Logos