FIFTH ANNUAL BUFFALO BEER WEEK TO SHOWCASE RENAISSANCE OF CRAFT BEER SCENE IN WESTERN NEW YORK Dozens of events scheduled at venues throughout the region!
Buffalo, NY – Buffalo Beer Week will once again dominate the local craft beer scene as the 10-day celebration returns for its fifth year. Running from Thursday, September 25th – Sunday, October 5th, 2014 Buffalo Beer Week will once again feature dozens of unique events at bars, pubs, restaurants, breweries, and other craft beer destinations throughout the Buffalo Niagara region, including many breweries that have opened over the last few months.
“One thing is clear: Buffalo loves beer and for that reason Buffalo Beer Week celebrates Buffalo!” said Willard Brooks, Chairman of Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association, which organizes the annual festival. “Our Beer Week honors Western New York’s rich brewing history while showcasing the tremendous revival of our craft beer culture that’s currently sweeping the region.”
The 10-day lineup features dozens of events – from tastings at local pubs to ticketed special events and nearly everything in between – including a ceremony to unveil the third annual class of inductees into the Buffalo Beer Hall of Fame which this year honors Bill Metzger of the Great Lakes Brewing News, Peter Kreinheder of Ellicottville Brewing Company, and Phin de Mink of Southern Tier Brewing Company.
This year’s featured events include:
• Buffalo Beer Week Launch Party Thursday, September 25, 5-10pm at Templeton Landing (2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo NY 14202). This event will benefit the Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper and Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association. Please visit http://bit.do/BBWLaunchParty for tickets.
• Buffalo Beer Goddesses One Year Anniversary Party Thursday, September 25, 7-10pm, at Mr. Goodbar (1100 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo). Join beer-loving women, from aspiring brewers to homebrewers to interested drinkers and everything in between. Enjoy the malty mojo of beer and grab a pint with the Buffalo Beer Goddesses upstairs at Mr. Goodbar. On tap is a limited release of craft beer from Flying Bison and Three Heads. For more information visit the Buffalo Beer Goddesses Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/buffalobeergoddesses
• Brewed in Buffalo Release Party Friday, September 26, 7 pm – 12 am at the Adam Mickiewicz Library and Dramatic Circle (612 Fillmore Avenue near the Broadway Market in the city of Buffalo). Various breweries will provide exclusive new brews along with a Polish food buffet. Participating breweries include Resurgence Brewery, Community Beer Works, Big Ditch Brewery, Hamburg Brewery, New Buffalo Brewery, Southern Tier Brewery, Pearl Street Brewery, Black Bird Cider Works, Ellicottville Brewing Co. and Old First Ward Brewery.
• Locktoberfest Saturday, October 4, 12-5 pm, in Lockport on Canal Street along the Erie Canal. Includes: cultural programs; narrated tours of the Lockport Locks Historic District; an expanded Community Market; sampling of regional craft brewers and wineries; children’s activities; farm fresh produce & artisan demonstrations; and Erie Canal-themed music, art and photography. There will be beer for sale along with a commemorative glass from Big Ditch, Blackbird Cider, Community Beer Works, Ellicottville Brewing Co, Hamburg Brewing Co., Old First Ward, Southern Tier, & Woodcock Brothers.
• Food Pairings and Tastings, Pub Crawls and more! Throughout the 10 days of events and activities, various pubs, restaurants, and retail shops will provide beer dinners, beer and food pairings and pub crawls in communities such as East Aurora, Williamsville, and Black Rock. See website and 64 page program guide on display around the region for full details.
“Since its inception in 2007, Buffalo Beer Week has become one of the most highly anticipated craft beer celebrations in the region and the various events continue to bring visitors from across Upstate New York, Southern Ontario, Ohio and Pennsylvania to Western New York,” Brooks continued. “Successful growing festivals like Buffalo Beer Week and our first Buffalo Brewers Festival this past summer are unique ways we are celebrating the rebirth of craft brewing in the Buffalo Niagara region as well as successfully promoting the region as a destination for beer enthusiasts from all over the world.”
For more information about all of the great events taking place during Buffalo Beer Week, please visit www.buffalobeerweek.com.
About Buffalo Beer Week: Buffalo Beer Week (BBW) promotes Buffalo’s growing craft beer culture by putting on a ten-day celebration in Erie and Niagara counties that attracts beer tourism, fosters knowledge of our regional brewing heritage and serves as a showcase for Buffalo’s breweries, restaurants, pubs and other businesses with ties to the craft beer community. Established in 2010, BBW is a growing annual celebration, featuring multitudes of festivals, dinners, tours, pub crawls, tastings and meet-the-brewer nights at area bars, restaurants and other locations throughout the Buffalo Niagara region — as a growing organization, BBW promises to become one of Buffalo’s mostly highly anticipated annual tourism events. Visit www.buffalobeerweek.com for more information.
About The Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association: The Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association exists to unify the Buffalo Niagara craft beer community in order to increase regional sales of craft beer through promotions, marketing, public awareness, consumer education, and to monitor and assure a thriving craft beer and brewing industry within the Buffalo Niagara Region. For more information about the Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association, including membership, please visit http://buffaloniagarabrewersassociation.org