How To Win
Visit our advertisers with your smart phone and “check-in” at their location (no purchase necessary). Each passport check-in earns you another stamp, and each stamp earns you another chance to win a prize – so the more stamps you have, the higher your odds to win!
If you choose not to enable the use of location services for your passport, each venue has been given a “beer week code” for you to enter. You must be 21 years of age or older to play the game.
Prizes & Drawing
The drawing for the following three prizes will take place Saturday, October 5th at the KegWorks Retail Store at 1PM:
- A beercation to Ponce de Leon Beer Festival in Atlanta, GA on Nov 16th
- Brewer for the Day at Ellicottville Brewing Company
- Craft Beer Prizes, including beer baskets, draft cards, and other prizes from participating retailers and pubs
Like our Facebook page to stay up to date and be the first one to learn about the Buffalo Beer Week Passport contest when it goes live on September 20 at midnight.
For a detailed view of the first prize click here
Untappd Badge & Promotion
To celebrate this year’s festivities, we’ve made a beer week Untappd badge available for you to unlock! You can get your very own Buffalo Beer Week badge by using Untappd to check into any beer at one of the participating locations listed on Utappd during Buffalo Beer Week (September 20th – 29th). You must add your location for your check-in to count.
Additionally, once you unlock your badge, you will be given the chance to to join the Buffalo Beer Week passport program via this promotion. If you select the promotion you will receive an email with a promotional code to use when registering for the Passport which when redeemed gives an automatic five stamps.
–Supports Mobile iOS (Chrome & Safari)
–Supports most versions of Android
–Supports Desktop Chrome (IE and Firefox will work but have not been tested)
How To & Customer Support
For Support questions, email email@example.com. We will try to respond quickly, but given that we are few in number and requests are many, it may be slow.
Android and iOS Main Flow
–Enter https://bbwpassport.appspot.com into your browser
–Enter your email address (must be a valid address and owned by you) or login using Facebook
–For Facebook login: choose whether to receive our monthly newsletter, enter any additional information, and hit submit
–For email-based login: create a password, enter your name and any additional information, choose whether to receive our monthly newsletter, and hit submit
–After login, you will see a list of Buffalo Beer Week Venues with red dots next to them
–Once you check in to a location, the dot will turn green. You can also view the locations on a map.
–When checking in, your location is checked to verify that you are in the venue. If location services fails to confirm your location, a “beer week code” is required — ask an employee of the venue for the beer week code (specific to each venue).
–The stamps are converted to raffle tickets on October 5 at 1 pm at the Kegworks Retail store
–you will get one stamp for registering in the passport
–you will get five stamps for registering via the Untappd promotion (see Untappd site)
–you will get one stamp for each venue into which you’ve checked-into during Buffalo Beer Week
–on OCtober 5, a drawing will be held at kegWorks Retail at 1PM
–each stamp you got during Buffalo Beer Week will be added to a raffle drawing
–one first prize, one second prize, and several third prizes will be drawn
Rules and Eligibility
1. Eligibility: Buffalo Beer Week’s September 2013 Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Board and Committee Members of Buffalo Beer Week (“Main Sponsor”) are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Main Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are
final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Timing: The Promotion begins on September 20, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 28, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
3. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY MAIN SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE CONTEST OR SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNER AND/OR GRAND PRIZE WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. MAIN SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
4. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Buffalo Beer Week, and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, suppliers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
5. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Main Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
6. Prizes: Contest Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to Atlanta to attend the Ponce de Leon Beer Festival on Saturday, November 16, 2013. Trip includes two (2) roundtrip coach airline tickets from Buffalo, NY to Atlanta, GA. Two (2) nights hotel accommodations: one room, double occupancy. Two (2) VIP Tickets to the Ponce de Leon Beer 2013 Festival. Roundtrip MARTA transportation between the airport and a stop closest to the hotel. Air travel dates are Friday, November 15, 2013 and Sunday, November 17, 2013. f the contest winner cannot travel on the specified dates then the prize can be transferred to someone else of their choosing. Transferee must still fly out of Buffalo, NY. Contest Winner is responsible for all food expenses, additional travel expenses and any other expenses incurred.
7. General Conditions: Main Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Main Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the entry system, as determined by Main Sponsor or Administrator in its sole discretion. In such event, Main Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Main Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the entry system or to be acting in violation of these Official rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the entry system may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Main Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Main Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.